Tuesday, June 4, 2013

On My Way Again


Dear Frenchofiles,

I guess you can say I’m giving birth to lots of ideas and plans and I’ve really been in this process for the past….oh, all my life!  I’ve been wishing and hoping and praying and taken some major leaps and risks along the way.  Many of you know about moving my life from sunny Ventura where I raised my sons,  chickens and organic vegetables to endure the freezing winters in Boston because after all, it was closer to my beloved France.  Then I escaped the cold to live by a little lake in the hills above Malibu, my mini South of France like escape, well, a girl can pretend, can’t she?

Next I needed to rebuild my finances which took a bit of a beating so I went back to accounting.  Ugh!  I felt like I was slipping backward.  Of all the cherished things I gave up for a chance to live my dream life,  the one thing I actually tried to leave behind was accounting and it was the only thing that remained.  This sort of depressed me as I tried to be grateful for this profession that I’ve had a love hate relationship with.  It always bailed me out and fed me when I needed it.   But it wasn’t my passion, so I thought I’d try something new and I became a headhunter and put other CPAs to work.  I saw this as my escape from Accounting and while it helped to have the accounting background, I thought it would be good to learn Sales & Marketing  to market Find Your Self in France. 

Well 8 months later and top producer for first year rookies, I found the courage to leave and really focus on my dream.  I’ve encouraged women to live the life of their design ever since I was an instructor at Women’s Economic Ventures.  Helping to nourish their ideas and translate them into a practical business plan. To help women organize and realize their dreams.  All the while I was taking steps to nurture my own dreams and founded Find Your Self in France, a boutique custom tour design consultancy. 

My focus now is on taking women to Paris and rural France to help them reinvent their life and learn how the French take time for important things in life, enjoying the moment, joie de vivre, simple sweet pleasures such as deep roasted coffee, flaky, buttery croissants, walks in the villages and squares, mouth watering pastries, art, music, beauty all around.   And in Burgundy we meet my French girlfriends who have made their life making wine, raising goats, living in a medieval village on top of a mountain overlooking vineyards and fields of sunflowers.   Through my story of trials and tribulations, I will share what is working for me, what breakthroughs I achieve on this next step on my journey and look forward to helping you design your dream life and meeting you in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment