Saturday, June 2, 2012

Its Ladylike to Drive a Stick!

As the belles ladies finish their trek through La Belle France,  I had my first lesson driving a stick shift with Nima at http://www.stickshiftlessons.net/.  He is a great teacher and very patient.  I highly recommend him if this is a goal you want to achieve.  He taught me some of the basics and I spent an hour just starting and stopping in a parking lot.  Not safe enough for the streets but I hope to conquer driving in canyons in the next few lessons.    I did not stall even once, so I feel pretty good about that.  It took courage to get behind the wheel of a stick shift, as I recounted earlier, my first experiences were not pleasant, but this time I really enjoyed the feeling of driving a manual transmission, feeling in touch with the car and the road. I am anticipating the journey through the French countryside with the wind in my hair and the road stretched out before me.

The Princesses ended their 6 day jaunt from Paris to Monaco yesterday, check out gorgeous photos   -Finale-Monegasque-pour-le-Rallye-des-Princesses

1 comment:

  1. Any time you want to practice in my little Toyota I will be happy to do it.

    ReplyDelete