Sunday, May 20, 2012

Visualize with all Your Senses

After a few days of melancholy I decided to do something to boost my spirits.  Nothing like an expensive new Beverly Hills hair style at Frederic Fekkai. A sexy Frenchman cut my locks and a sexy Italian man did my color.  While sipping champagne, I was transformed.  Worth every penny!  Oh, I got to speak French, they are all from France there, of course, and so charming!

My coach Carolyn Braddock, from Ojai gave me an assignment...to imagine myself one year from now...engage all my senses; sight; smell; taste; feel it as I gather information about my journey.  I used to dream about living on a farmhouse in France overlooking the Mediterranean.  The Frenchman took me to Cabris, a town above the Mediterranean with magnificent views and stone or stucco homes with tile roofs and colorful shutters.  It was a scene right out of my dream.   I can still feel the ocean breezes and the hot Provencale sun and smell the lavender fields and olive trees growing wild on the hillside.

Last September I stayed at Maria Cuny's vineyard in Burgundy.  I was so happy peeling organic apples and quince for confiture.  The vineyard is featured on my Taste of Burgundy Tour.  I want to go back there and help on the vines.  I will call her today and see if I can arrange to stay with her later this year.   I think I am getting closer to my goal!



No comments:

Post a Comment