Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Driving and Dreaming

Still dreaming of my farmhouse in France...but first I have to learn to drive a stick shift car.  My ex-husband tried to teach me to drive a stick while we lived in Germany.  He took me to the Alps, got out of the car and traded seats with me; got out his book and said :ok, drive.  I was trembling and threw the gears from first to fifth and blew out the catalitic converter before even turning the bend.  Not a good start.  And I haven't gotten behind the wheel of a manual vehicle since.  But if I want to get around in France, I think its a good idea to give it another try, what do you think of driving around the country in this sweetie?

                                         Vézelay


2 comments:

  1. Just booked my first lesson to drive a manual transmission. Vroom, vrooooom!

    ReplyDelete